Visa Information

Once you confirm your offer at your chosen College or University, the next step is to apply for a visa if you require one. Depending on the course you are applying for, and your country of residence, there are different visas you can apply for. You can find out more about these visas on the UKVI website

UK Student Visas

If you are coming to study in the UK and are a visa national, you will need to apply for a student visa. There are three main types of student visas available:

- Short-Term Student route (for courses up to 6 months): For children and adults undertaking short courses including English language.
- Short-Term Student route (for courses up to 11 months): For adults undertaking English language courses for up to 11 months.
- General Student Visa (GSV): Courses of 11 or more months.
- Child Visitor Visa (CVV): Courses under 6 months.

Level Requirement and Documents for General Student Visas

Normally the GSV will only be available to students studying for 11 or more months. If you are applying for a General Student Visa your level of English must be at or above the level required by the UKVI. When you apply to study with us and request GSV sponsorship, you will therefore need to submit evidence of your English level. Evidence of English level must be in the form of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) certificate. Please visit the UKVI's website to view the current list of approved SELTs. If you are aged under 18, you will also need to complete a Parental Travel Consent Form.

2010-2018 Fast Student Services (FSS). All rights reserved.