University College Hull was founded in 1927 through the support of local benefactors, such as Thomas Robinson Ferens (who gave the land and £250,000), G F Grant and the City Council.
Duke of York (George VI) laid the foundation stone in 1928 and the College opened in October with 39 students and 14 ‘one-man’ departments. There were 100 students in 1931.
Located on Cottingham Road in Hull, with just one building (now the Venn Building), the new University College Hull was an outpost of the University of London and offered courses in the arts and pure sciences.
|Rank 2014||Rank 2013||Rank 2012||Teaching Score||Careers Prospects||Entry Tariff|
|Distance To London||By Train||By Car|
|Mile / Time||4.30 Hours||220 Mile / 4 Hours|